Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Vintage Teams

Today's post is the team collection variety. I had a couple of years where I only had 1 card so this is the post to show those off.


I lied, I have 2 cards for this year but I figured I'd throw them on here as well. That would be my cousin's favorite team and my grandparents favorite team. Sox were supposed to play the Cards tomorrow but it's been cancelled and a double header for Saturday is scheduled, so far. Both of these 74's came from the Facebook lot.


I picked up this Mets team for my '73 set from Sportlots for $.18. I actually picked up a bunch of '73's but you'll have to wait to see the rest of those.


I figured since the Cardinals are in the news, I'd show 2 of their cards. Not really. This '71 team card also came to me from Sportlots for $.18. This card gives me 108 for that year as well.


Speaking of being in the news, these guys are always getting into fights. I don't know why that would be. I also grabbed this at Sportlots for $.18. I'd say 3 cards from the early 70's for just over $.50 is a pretty good deal. This card gives me 68 for that set.

5 comments:

  1. Ha. You don't know why that would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's not for Covid like some other teams this year.

      Delete
  2. Love this type of team card. The cards they call team cards now I am upset about. Show two of the star players on a team high fiving or fist bumping after a two run homer, or some of the guys in the game winning team jumping, mauling each other group celebration and they call it a "team card".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. A year ago, I quietly rooted for the Astros. I don't hate them as much as the Yankees, but after their coach taunted Laureano they're closing in on them.

    P.S. Love the 18¢ vintage team cards!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.