Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

New Collection

I've mentioned a few times that I was starting a new collection. While I already had some cards to start it, I figured I'd wait until I bought some new ones to announce.


Team cards!!!

A few months ago, I want to say on a Night Owl's post when bloggers were doing the things I like that you don't or vice versa, he mentioned that he liked the team photos on the card. I always did as well when I was growing up and that post reminded me of how much I used to love pulling them from packs. So I started a collection of them.

I even purchased the 8 sleeve pages to put them in binders, by teams of course. I purchased those at the start of the quarantine back in March and it took about 3-4 weeks to finally get them but I got them.

I picked up all of these on Sportlots. These are all from the 1981 set which was the last Topps set that did them for awhile. I have more to show from other years but I'm spacing those out in other posts.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Yup, I've always liked those ... well, until they started putting a wall up in front of the bat boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old team cards. Have all the Tigers from growing up in the 70s.

    Enjoy. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool collection. Was thinking about trying to get all of the A's and Padres team cards and putting them in 9 pocket pages. I'm sure I have a few. Maybe after things die down a little with work, I'll head over to Sportlots myself.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.