Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 7, 2020

Facebook

Just a quick post tonight. I got a message from Dennis last month that he had a line on some cards for sale on Facebook and wanted to know if I was interested in some of the lots. I was at work so I couldn't take the time to go through them but I glanced at them. I told I'd be interested in anything older than 1987 for my Vintage collection.

He contacted the guy and picked up what he could. I sent some money, via Paypal, to Dennis to cover what he picked up for me plus some shipping and he sent them to me.

He sent the cards pretty quickly and I received them before the 1st so they will be a part of this months posts but I wanted you all to know that when I say I purchased them on Facebook, that, while technically is true, Dennis really hooked me up on them.



Not only did he hook me up with the cards, he even did all my sorting for me. He's such a nice guy. They were all even still in number order.


Here is all of my needs. You can see those are some pretty healthy stacks of 1974, 1976, 1977 and 1980. A small amount of 1979's as well. Don't worry, I won't show you every card when that years post comes up, but I did select a few cards to show.

I was pretty excited about these, I added quite a bit to my Vintage Collection.


Here's everything that I received. The box on the right were all the dupes to my collection.


As you can see, a pretty good portion were dupes but even with all of the dupes it was a great deal, an awesome deal if you will. When all was said and done, I ended up adding the following to my collections.

  • 1974 (111 cards)
  • 1976 (155 cards)
  • 1977 (89 cards)
  • 1979 (35 cards)
  • 1980 (121 cards)
511 vintage cards, all for $30, which equals out to just under $.06 a card and that only includes what I kept for the collection. I didn't even include the dupes when figuring out what I paid.



I don't know if you noticed these 2 sets at the bottom of the photograph up above. Dennis also sent these as they were dupes in the cards he picked up in the same transaction. I really love the Kmart set because I had it growing up. I may have had the other one as well but I really don't remember. I already had the Sox cards from those sets as well as a couple of the player collection cards so I get to leave these intact.

As I said before, Dennis really hooked me up with this transaction.

Anyways, just wanted to give a heads up so when a post up that says I got the cards from Facebook, that Dennis was a big part of the pick-up.

4 comments:

  1. That's a good deal. I look forward to the card highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite the FB find for Dennis. He mentioned that he had found a bunch of vintage for you. 500+ vintage cards for $30 is a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! What a steal. I wish I could find deals like that. I loved that K-Mart set as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.