Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Date with a scalpel

This is a first, I'm actually ahead of schedule for the month. At least with posting because for next month's cards, I just had my cards shipped today from Sportlots so I'm going to have to rush to get them ready to post when they do arrive. Luckily for me, I'm having surgery on Monday and with that, comes 2 weeks off of work so I'm going to have plenty of time to catch up. As long as I pass my Covid test tomorrow, it's on. I hope it's multiple choice.

The only reason I mention the surgery is I've had some peeps ask what's getting done. I'm getting a nose job. Sorta. I can barely breathe from my nose, has been that way since I was a kid but has gotten really bad the last few years so I went and had it looked at. Apparently my septum is S shaped, which explains a lot. So I'm going in and they are straightening it out. It's been a long time coming but to be honest, I'm pretty excited about having 2 weeks off. After having all the time off during quarantine, I already know I'll enjoy it, minus the pain but I'm optimistic that it'll be minimum.

Anyways, to today's Vintage post.


Again, this is just a sampling because I got 155 cards for this set. That was a huge chunk for an average of $.06/card. And yes, that is a Dennis Eckersley rookie card. There's former Sox and Wolverines, there's broadcasters and yes, you young pups, Dusty Baker used to play the game too, back before his kids were getting run over in World Series games.

Like I said, a huge chunk of this set. These 155 cards almost doubled what I had and puts that set now at 348 cards which is good for over half at just under 53% completed.

That Facebook purchase was a huge pick-up for me and it started with Dennis giving me the heads up so another huge Thank You to him. I got one more post for this month and a few days to go so I promise to get it out this weekend because I have a hot date with a scalpel on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get a hot nurse.

    Voting for side-burned Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the surgery and have fun looking at cards for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off. Hope it's smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mike Marshall card. Dennis (Too Many Verlanders) is awesome, too. Good luck with your surgery and get well soon. And study hard for your Covid test, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the surgery goes smoothly and you enjoy your two weeks off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa...that's weird! I'm also having surgery on my nose next week, although for me it's to remove some polyps which have made breathing difficult. Hope your surgery goes smoothly and that we both can breath a little easier when all is said and done!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.