Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Vintage with more vintage to follow

My first post of August only took 5 days. I hadn't actually got my stuff together until yesterday. I finally finished scanning yesterday and cropping today so I'm finally ready.

You'll notice an absence of player collections this month. Apparently I went on a vintage kick plus I started a new collection and I bought a bunch of cards for that, but those are vintage as well so it's pretty much a vintage collection post. I do have one White Sox team post, but those are vintage too so as I said, the whole month will be vintage.

After randomning, today's post is the oldest of the Vintage posts.


I picked up a couple of '72's. Both for a quarter each. These 2 give me 67 for the set. This set has always seemed very hippy to me.


I picked up one black bordered '71 also for a quarter. It gives me 108 cards for that set.


Before the black set, came the grey one. I grabbed 3 cards to give me 68. I picked up the Humphreys for $.18, the Maxvill for $.30 and the Otis for a quarter. I do like picking up Washington Senators cards just for the nostalgic reasons. The Otis card I wasn't sure what was going on under his ear, I thought it was some kind of growth at first glance.


These 3 cards give me 51 for the '69 set. While I recognize all the names here, I really recognize the Rick Monday so I thought that was a cool card to get on the cheap. It is weird seeing him in an A's jersey though. I paid a quarter for each of these as well.

In case you hadn't noticed, all these came from Sportlots. I think they all came from one seller. I picked up a card I wanted and then just started with the oldest cards he had and just started adding anything to my cart that I didn't have that was relatively cheap.

3 comments:

  1. Voting for the Vada Pinson. Like those hippy team names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking up Rick Monday's stats the other day and was surprised by what I found. As an A's fan, I knew he played with the A's for several years. But I'm mostly familiar with his time with the Dodgers. The surprising stat was that he had more hits with the Cubs than his other two teams... and he spent the least number of years in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would have guessed the Dodgers.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.