Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Grandparents house

The Sox lost today but not after a 13-0 1 hitter thrown by Dylan Cease last night. He went 8 2/3 before giving up a hit to Arraez. The commentators were saying he should have pitched around him since the perfect game was already by the wayside but he went after him and gave up a single. I saw in an interview today that he said he doesn't regret going after him and I believe it because even if in a few years, people are only going to remember the no-hitter but you'll know you went around a player to get to it. Either way, it was a great game by Dylan Cease on national TV so hopefully it will help his Cy Young push. Hopefully a start to a hall of fame career.

Today's post is already in the hall of fame and has been for a decade.


I picked up these oddballs from Sportlots. That top row starts off with a couple of Canadian cards. There's a few stickers in there along with a couple of cards from small manufacturers as well as small box sets. I love the Toys 'R' Us because I used to have it back in the day. I even remember picking it up at Toys 'R' Us, back when you could get cards in a lot of different places, including there.

These 9 cards push Larkin over 700 cards to 704 which is a memorable number for me as it was my grandparents house number growing up. That's what we called their house, 704.

3 comments:

  1. Toys 'R' Us was my favorite 'non-card shop' place to buy cards way back when. It's hard to believe that it's already been something like 25 years since I last got any cards from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! 700 is a lot of different cards for any single player.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.