Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Lotsa Sox

I've been slacking lately, just haven't been in the mood. Think of it as a mini-vacation. I'm also low on posts because I haven't gotten around to getting new cards ready so I only have a couple of posts left. I've ordered my package from Sportlots but I haven't received confirmation that it's shipped yet. I was really hoping to have it before the weekend since that's when I usually work on cards. I'm only working a few hours tomorrow, I was going to come home and start working on my cards but I guess we're going to Indy in the afternoon so we'll be gone for awhile. Maybe Saturday. Probably no post tomorrow either as we probably won't get home until late.

Today's post is a team collection of a team that has finally got their crap together but it's probably too little too late. Which is frustrating because had they done it a week sooner, they might have a decent chance of making the playoffs. Now we have to win damn near every game, including 4 against Cleveland who haven't been losing either. Although we beat them in a make up game today.



These 4 came from Fred. A couple more Heritage in the mix.



These 13 came from Sluggo. I actually got them awhile ago and barely knew who Romy Gonzalez was but he's been playing and doing really well for the Sox so now that I see that card again, I'm even happier to have an auto of him. There's also another rookie of him up there. Those are my first 2 cards of him.




These 7 cards all came from Dennis at Too Many Verlanders. He surprised me with a package a little while ago (and last week) with these Sox cards. None are base and 2 relics and an autograph. I thought I had the Tracey autograph but I think I had a Carlos Quentin from that set but I got rid of it as it was a Diamondbacks card so it didn't fit in the collection. I should have known I didn't have it because Dennis and I are both on TCDB and check each others lists before we send to each other. We share a bunch of collections so it's easy to find stuff for him. He sent me another package earlier this week that I need to get through yet, hopefully this weekend.

There are a few cards up there who are my first cards of those players. Romy Gonzalez that I mentioned, also Brian Goodwin and a couple of those Bowman's. I did a spreadsheet to see how many White Sox players I have cards of and with those cards in this post, it bumped me up to 950 different players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.