Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Colorful but not pretty

Michigan looked really good and the Sox are finally playing up to expectations. I'd say it was a good weekend. If you read yesterdays post than you know it was one of the two camping trips I make throughout the year. Well that was last weekend, the weekend before that, we set up at the Plymouth card show. One of the dealers that we've gotten to know from setting up at shows is the Man Cave card shop. They are out of Stanton, Michigan but we see them all the time around here at shows plus we even drove up to their shop once so we all know each other. Well, they do videos of all their pick-ups and activities and they asked us about being in one, neither of us really wanted to be in it but we did it for the plug.

They finally got around to posting the video, they divided their pick-up videos into 3 different posts for each sports which was nice because they posted the show video in one, nice and short, 8 minute video which is where we were featured. Here it is.


If you don't have 8 minutes or know how to fast forward while watching, we are briefly at the 3:40 mark and the interview with the show host is at 4:50 mark. Nothing special or flashy but it was what it is.

Today's post isn't anything I picked up at that show since I didn't pick anything up but it's one of the more favorite posts that we do over here. I actually picked these up from Sluggo who bought out a dealer set up next to us at the Mishawaka show.

I grabbed these 5 cards from the 1972 set. Not my favorite set, not a fan of the 70's colors sets but they are still vintage and I don't hate them. These 5 give me 89 cards from 1972.

Woo Hoo! A Bernie Williams rookie. Oh, that's not the right one. I also got this one card from the 1971 set. Black border is definitely better than the wacky colors. This card puts that set at 128 cards.


Last but not least, I picked up these 2 from the 1968 set. As plain as this set is, it's still better than the "colorful" ones in the 1970's. These 2 put that set at 49 cards.

Not my usual huge post of vintage but vintage all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.