Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Frozen and Fallen

I froze my ass off yesterday. The game time temperature was mid 20's throughout the game. Which was bad enough but there was an average wind speed of 15 to 20 mph. I couldn't find what the wind chill was but I overheard someone saying it was 12 degrees. It felt like it. It was an ugly game, but we pulled it out in the end. I'll be honest, I was hoping for a blowout and I was going to leave early since it was so cold. It ended up being a field goal with 20 seconds left win so I stayed for it all. I took Sluggo (ND fan) because he wanted to see the Big House. He was impressed even if he couldn't feel his hands and feet.

Today's post is fitting since I went and watched him yesterday. Although he only played the first half (and 1 play in the 2nd) and on some boards, is the leading candidate for the Heisman this year. He left with an injury and from where my seats were, I couldn't really see anything but I watched the game this morning and it looked like maybe his knee hyperextended but I believe they are saying it's a bruise so hopefully he'll be good for Ohio next week. 

I will say this is where the majority of my excitement for NIL comes from, I knew we'd start getting cards of current players. I just wish it was from someone who had a license so the jerseys were messed with.


I'll just pretend it's the angle of the photograph is why I can't see the wings on the helmet. This is my 2nd card of Blake, the other is the Chrome Pink version of this base card.

Another thing I like about the NIL is learning what these kids (I guess young adults) are doing with some of the money. I've seen a lot of them doing things in the community and that is awesome to see. Last year, Blake gave away turkeys at this time of the year in some low income communities and he's doing the same thing this year. I think it just says a lot about the kid. I'm also hoping NIL keeps these kids in school longer because it sucks as soon as someone starts to play well, they bolt for the pros, mainly for the money. I don't blame them, it just sucks for the fan of the school.

1 comment:

  1. No event of any kind would've been worth me sitting out in that kind of cold for that long.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.