Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Hello and Goodbye

I've been so immersed in the big Michigan win on Saturday that I haven't really watched or read much on anything else. A guy at work told me today that he thought he heard that Abreu signed with the Astros and I hadn't even heard it. I'm a slacker.

I understand the decision to let Abreu go as far as a business decision but that doesn't mean I like it. I really liked Abreu. I guess he almost signed with Cleveland so in that regard, I'm glad he signed with the Astros, even if I don't like them.

Today's post is a bunch of cards of a guy when I started collecting, I figured I wouldn't get very many because they were all expensive. Times have changed though.

Again, you know the story of the 582 Montgomery's. I was surprised the guy that sold these to the LCS didn't keep this one.





These 40 cards came from Sportlots. I picked them up all for $1 or less. A lot of them were under $.20. I realize there isn't anything flashy up there but for awhile, his cards were hard to come by cheap so this was a nice big lot and a decent add to the collection.


This is one of those manufactured relics that are so freaking thick. I'm not fan of these because of it but I have found a way to store them in my binders. I use 8 card pages, they fit in those easily and let's face it, most of these manu-relics are horizontal which works best in those pages. This isn't your average manu-relic, it's the gold version which are serial numbered to /50. The best part is I didn't pay a dime for it. Sluggo threw it in on one of his buys at the Shipshewana show and just gave it to me for helping out. Sweet!

These 42 cards give me 118 cards of Robert. A long way from when I first started. I picked up 12 cards from 2018-2020, back when they were more expensive. I picked up 36 last year and I am up to 70 for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.