Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Minor Michaels

 We set up at the Shipshewana show today. We had a pretty good day but it was slower than usual. Everyone I talked to said the late fall one usually is. Plus it ended up chilly, rainy and very windy which I'm sure kept a few people away. Like I said, we did pretty well. We started setting up at 7 am and by the time the show opened at 8:30 we had already sold over $800 just to other dealers and a few early birds. I did get a few cards from Sluggo and I purchased one for $5 so I did good on my spending. To be honest, we were busy enough I couldn't stray to far from the table. I only spent the $5 at a fellow Sox fan who we set up with at other shows and was across the aisle from us again. I'll do the scanning and logging of those cards tomorrow before I get on Sportlots tomorrow.

Yesterday's post was a previous Sox pitcher, today's is a current one.


All of the above came from my last shipment from Sportlots. The top scan are all minors (and one high school) cards.

The bottom scan is Bowman filled. As in, they are all Bowman's. Although none are just a Bowman Base. You got Bowman Bests, Holiday, Platinum and a mini.


I mentioned last week that I went to the LCS with Sluggo. We picked up some stuff for the shop and I spent about $10 on myself. Sluggo didn't know what 582 Montgomery cards so I was explaining it to him and the show owner said he just bought a bunch of cards that had some almost complete sets of the 582's. He handed me a box and told me to pull out what I wanted and he'd work out a deal. I ended up grabbing 25 cards, most of the White Sox team set and a couple other PC's so you'll see a bunch of these in the next few weeks. The deal he gave me, all 25 for $1. Yes please.

These 11 cards give me 92 of Kopech. Almost the century mark for him. The 11 cards moves me into 2nd place on TCDB but I'm still 30+ cards from 1st so it'll be awhile if I ever get there.

2 comments:

  1. If you made that much, that quick, would be rude for me to ask how much was made during the rest of the show?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.