Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

1973 Topps–Orta, Harrison, Virdon, Clines

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-jorgeorta194

  • Card Facts – Jorge Orta – Chicago White Sox – Card #194
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

73topps-roricharrison229

  • Card Facts – Roric Harrison – Baltimore Orioles – Card #229
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot 40/$4.25)

73topps-billvirdon517

  • Card Facts – Bill Virdon – Pittsburgh Pirates – Card #517
  • Purchase Price – $.17 (Ebay lot - 6/$1.04)

73topps-geneclines333

  • Card Facts – Gene Clines – Pittsburgh Pirates – Card #333
  • Purchase Price – $.18 (Ebay lot - 4/$.73)

  • Cards posted in this set – 65
  • Total price paid – $7.55
  • Average price per card – $0.12
  • Cards left to post – 619 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 65/684 (10% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 299/684 (44% completed)

Even paying for 3 cards in this group, the average per card stayed at $.12.  But you may notice the set completed went from 15% to 37% with a lot of card I bought from Ted at “Crinkly Wrappers” who just finished his set.  Then went up from 37% to 44% with a bunch of 4 card lots I got an ebay.  So a huge boost to the 1973 set since the last post.

I have to scan all the cards from Ted and add them to the randomization of these.  I’ll try to get more of these posts ready so you don’t have to go so long without them.  I know you missed them.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a want list for you 1973 set? I'm also working on that set so I have some duplicates to trade.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.