Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Trade with Dennis, part 2.

Previously:  part 1

As you may have noticed in part 1, Dennis overdid himself with the Wolverines he sent me.  Well he did with the baseball side too.  So sit back and enjoy part 2 of this 4 part trade with Dennis.  Yes, 4 parts, that’s how awesome the cards he sent me were.

trade-dennis01

The Topps Gallery are some great looking cards.  The middle one of Frank Thomas is numbered to /50.  All these are new to the White Sox collection.  I didn’t have any of the Topps 205, let alone the mini one.  And the Konerko I already had in my player collection so that one goes to this collection.  And you can never go wrong with a Hall of Famer like Hoyt Wilhelm.

trade-dennis07

Frank Thomas – 2012 Topps Manupatch

Sweet!  I’ve been looking for one of these, but I’m too much of a cheap bastard to pay for them.  Luckily, I got great friends.

trade-dennis02

Jim Thome – 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions relic

trade-dennis04

Jim Thome – 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces Captured in Canvas relic

A couple relics of the nicest guy in the league.  And I, like the most of you, love the Masterpieces.  And the framed ones are even better.

trade-dennis03

Goose Gossage – 2011 Topps 60 relic

This card is great.  The uniform, a Hall of Famer, my first relic of his.  Awesome!

trade-dennis05

Jermaine Dye – 2008 Topps Moment’s & Milestones autograph

World Series MVP Jermaine Dye’s autograph.  And that’s not even the best auto in this lot from Dennis.

trade-dennis06

Harold Baines - 2005 Topps Autograph

One of my favorite players for the Sox.  My favorite uniforms.  And an on card autograph.  I love this card.

Seriously, go back and look at each of these players that I got relics and auto’s of.  Hall of Famers, future Hall of Famers, World Series MVP, and one of the top Sox (who some argue is Hall of Fame worthy).

Dennis way overdid himself.  And there’s 2 more posts left.  Be sure to stick around and check them out.  Meanwhile, check out Dennis over at “Too Many Grandersons” and “Too Many Manninghams”.

I have more ebay pick-ups in the near future as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on posts. I knew you'd love the ChiSox stuff--that really was a great lot, and I think it was less than $15.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.