Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

1981 Topps–Robinson, Yastrzemski, Lopes, Soderholm

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
81topps-billrobinson51
  • Card Facts – Bill Robinson – Pittsburgh Pirates – Card #51
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)

He looks like he is trying to pretend to be a bad ass.  What the hell are you doing here?

81topps-carlyastrzemski110

    • Card Facts – Carl Yastrzemski – Boston Red Sox  – Card #110
    • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)

Yastrzemski. Yastrzemski. Yastrzemski.  You all know who he is.  I know who he is.  I collected him as a kid and taught myself how to spell his last name when I was a kid, and still remember how to this day.  Although, now that I’ve typed it 3 times, I notice that the Windows Live Writer isn’t underlining it as a misspelled word.  Even Windows knows who Carl Yastrzemski is.  That’s how bad he was.

81topps-davelopes50

  • Card Facts – Dave Lopes – Los Angeles Dodgers – Card #50
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “JABO’s”)

With this card alone, I will probably set a record for most viewed 1981 post.  Between all the Lopes fans and Dodgers fans should set that record.

81topps-ericsoderholm383

  • Card Facts – Eric Soderholm – New York Yankees – Card #383
  • Purchase Price – $.05 (Ebay lot 100/$4.99)

A Yankee.  Blah!

  • Cards posted in this set – 66
  • Total price paid – $2.14
  • Average price per card – $0.03
  • Cards left to post – 660
  • Percentage posted – 66/726 (9% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 494/726 (68% completed)

3 more freebies in this set.  I should complete this set pretty cheaply with all the awesome traders out there.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.