Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

1973 Topps–Strickland, Champion, Torrez, Rader

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-jimstrickland122

  • Card Facts – Jim Strickland – Minnesota Twins – Card #122
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot 40/$4.25)

73topps-billychampion74

  • Card Facts – Billy Champion – Milwaukee Brewers – Card #74
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

Wow, talk about a horrible airbrush job.  How does that even pass quality control.

73topps-miketorrez77

  • Card Facts – Mike Torrez – Montreal Expos – Card #77
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

The lack of color in the background of most of these shots just reminds me of childhood photos.

73topps-dougrader76

  • Card Facts – Doug Rader – Houston Astros – Card #76
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

  • Cards posted in this set – 61
  • Total price paid – $7.09
  • Average price per card – $0.12
  • Cards left to post – 623 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 61/684 (9% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 106/684 (15% completed)

I’m seeing this set being a long term goal, unlike the 1981 Topps which I seem to be breezing through.  That’s ok though.  Ted was a huge help with what I do have, otherwise, I’d probably be done posting 1973 cards till I bought more.  I have a bunch of bids on some lots ending later in this week.  The bids aren’t very high but hopefully I’ll win at least a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.