Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1973 Topps–Horace Clarke #198, Bill Melton #455

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-horaceclarke198 

  • Card Facts – Horace Clarke – New York Yankees – Card #198
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot 40/$4.25)

Horace looks a little rough.  I’d guess another spring training photo.

73topps-billmelton455

  • Card Facts – Bill Melton – Chicago White Sox – Card #455
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

Beltin’ Bill Melton.  He now does the pre and post game’s for the White Sox so I feel like I know him more.  Can’t say it’s a very flattering photo of him though.  I believe this is the era of Sox uniforms that they are bringing back for Sunday games this year.  Looks like the camera guy just said grab a bat and pose, I got a date tonight and need to get out of here.  This was actually a duplicate that Ted had sent me but I because fill my Player/Team collections first, and I already had this card there.

  • Cards posted in this set – 35
  • Total price paid – $4.59
  • Average price per card – $0.13
  • Cards left to post – 649 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 35/684 (5% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)

Average price per card dropped a penny with another free card from Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.