Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1981 Topps–Pirates Future Stars #551, Vida Blue #310

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
81topps-piratesfuturestars551
  • Card Facts – Vance Law, Tony Pena, Pascual Perez – Pittsburgh Pirates – Card #551
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “JABO’s”)

This seems like this would be a pretty decent card.  I want to say all 3 players had decent careers.  Tony Pena, I think, had the better career.  I know he was with the Pirates for awhile, I vagually remember him with the Cardinals and Indians as well.  Vance bounced around a bit, I know he played for the Sox for a few years in the early to mid 80’s.  I picture Perez in a Braves uniform.

81topps-vidablue310

    • Card Facts – Vida Blue – San Francisco Giants – Card #310
    • Purchase Price – $.05 (Ebay lot 100/$4.99)

Vida Blue I definitely remember.  I had a player collection of him.  He was a great pitcher in his day, but I remember him more from his Oakland A’s days.

  • Cards posted in this set – 40
  • Total price paid – $1.84
  • Average price per card – $0.05
  • Cards left to post – 686
  • Percentage posted – 40/726 (6% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)

One more free card should put me under $.05 on price per card.  Unless I happen to random up a star that I paid a little bit more for.  There are a few of those in this set that I purchased.  But I paid less than $.50 for those cards as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.