I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been a little more regular on Ebay than usual and am trying to get cheap cards for my PC’s. These cards are what I received in the mail this week.
- Chris Getz – 2007 Bowman Signs of the Future autograph ($2.00/shipped)
- Mark Buehrle – 2002 Upper Deck Vintage ($.15/shipped)
First off, a couple for my White Sox team collection. There was a BIN of $3 on the Getz, which I probably would have paid being as he is a former Wolverine as well, but I went ahead and gave him an offer of $2 and he accepted. I’m guessing, he didn’t get many page views on this card because he had “Chris Cetz” in the title and description and decided he might as well take the $2. The Mark Buehrle I didn’t have and at a whopping $.15, I figured I couldn’t pass that up. Think of it as a dime box pick-up with a nickel shipping.
- Billy Williams – 1988 Topps All-Star Commemorative Set ($.75/shipped)
I’m been trying to boost my Billy Williams collection, but being as I don’t generally pay over $.50 for inserts, it’s been rough scoring any cards for it. This is actually the first insert I’ve even seen with less than $1 price tag and I used to have all these All-Star glossy sets so I went ahead and bought it anyways.
- Paul Konerko – 2012 Topps ‘87 mini ($.99 shipped)
Another insert I overpaid against my rules. But I’ve been wanting this card for my Konerko collection. Most of us love this set, so I’m sure you all understand.
- Tom Seaver – 2012 Topps Golden Greats ($.80/shipped)
- Tom Seaver – 2002 Upper Deck World Series Heroes ($.20/shipped)
- Tom Seaver – 2012 Topps Golden Standard ($.55/shipped)
- Tom Seaver – 1986 True Value Super Stars ($.34/shipped)
I guess I was just trying to get all the 2012’s out of the way when they came out since I broke my rule a few times again, but not by much. I’ve been bidding on some relics and auto’s but since I won’t break my rules on those, I haven’t won much. Only 1 to date and that was yesterday so I won’t receive it till next week sometime. I really like the True Value card just because I figure it to be a little harder to come by. I didn’t think I would win in that cheap. Guess I got lucky on that one.