Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Help

Just a quick post asking for some help.

As you know, I'm organizing my collections and I've ran into a couple of cards that I couldn't identify. I asked on Twitter and got 0 responses so maybe someone here can help


This is a Nellie Fox. I can't find the pic of the front, I can go take another one tomorrow if you really need it but it's a Nellie Fox with a 1952 Topps design, not Bowman, Topps. He doesn't have a 1952 Topps card so it's not a reprint of any kind and the only thing different than a normal 1952 back is the 2 .com's listed to the left and right of the large "Topps Baseball" at the bottom.


This is a Bo Jackson, no number, no copyright or nothing. I thought I could find it on TCDB, I looked at all the cards in 1990 and 1991 that had no number. There was a couple that kind of looked the same but it didn't have the right photos and most of the cards I looked at didn't have any photos.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I believe the fox is a topps cards that never were ... As far as the year it was made and wat set it goes with not sure sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not entirely sure the Nellie Fox was issued by Topps. It might be a Broder cards - 1952toppsbaseballcards.com website. But it looks like that site has been hijacked. Someone probably printed it from their site; possibly even the site owners. Use the Wayback Machine to see The original site (2008 is good). Some (most?) images are gone though.

    The Bo is definitely a Broder unlicensed card. Probably distributed in 1991 at one of the card shows or through a shop or mail order. I’ve seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about what I guessed, I appreciate the insight. I went to the websites on the card but got the same you did. I never thought to use the Wayback Machine.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh. The mystery of late 80's and early 90's unlicensed cards. Gotta love it. They'll never be worth much, but I enjoy collecting them because of their place in hobby history.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.