Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

More Vintage

* I put my March purchases on random for today's post.

I got another question for you that Twitter didn't answer, like normal. I finished up my Frank Thomas cards today, took all day, but I have one card I can't identify.



The top picture is the card, it looks like the Flashback Friday set Topps did but it's a different picture and it's a mini. The bottom photo shows the size compared to a normal card. The back is just plain cardboard, no printing whatsoever. Anybody?

On to the vintage, I showed you the post of 1973's already, well today you get to see some other vintage cards. I bought a card or 2 from one seller and I went to see what else they had that I could use.






A couple players up there with decent careers, I picked up all 9 of these for a quarter a piece on Sportlots. These cards put that set at 79 cards which is 12% completed. Some nice pickups for the vintage collection.

1 comment:

  1. The 1933 DeLong set is one of my favorite designs. I think Topps has done a few insert sets using this design, but they weren't blank backs. Maybe a card from a 90's baseball card magazine? Although most of those have printing on the back too. Hope you're able to solve your mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.