Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, April 17, 2020

Some more 2020

* I put my March purchases on random for today's post.

First off, I asked this question on Twitter, not sure why I ask them there as I never get an answer but you bloggers/readers usually do. I used to buy my pages for cards on Ebay and now that I don't give them any of my money, I need a new place to buy them. Where's the cheapest place to get them? I've found them in a couple of places but when you add the shipping, it can get ridiculous so if you have a place that sells them as a reasonable price, let me know.

I've gotta say, I love going back through all my cards again. I read a comment from Fuji that said he's been trying to appreciate the cards he has more and I understand why. I get cards, I log them in and then they go to wherever I'm storing them and I don't see them again. I might have to make it a point to every so often, just flip through them again.

I'm slowly making it through the White Sox collection, alphabetically. The last player I completed today was Billy Pierce so I'm over halfway. I work about 5 or 6 hours a day on my cards. It's more or less, my job, now that I'm not working. I sleep in, grab some breakfast, go to my card room and work until about supper time. I really enjoy the time to myself with my cards.

Anyways, the random popped up with some more 2020 White Sox cards.









These 14 cards are all 2020 Heritage, I paid $.18 for all of them except the one with Abreu and some guy named Killebrew, I paid $.42 for that one. I picked these up not long after they were released, that's the bad part about posting a month after I purchase stuff. I just bought some 2020 Donruss and Gypsy Queen yesterday but they probably won't be in hand until the end of next month (they'll go to my Sportlots box) and then not get posted here until June. It is what it is, I'm just explaining my process some.

2 comments:

  1. I buy the packets of 35 sheets at Wal-Mart for about 6 bucks. I gather some people consider those not to be the best sheets available, but they're convenient (at least, when I'm not avoiding going to stores as I am now) and affordable. If someone has a cheaper alternative I'd like to know, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to see two Sox sitting on top of the Batting Leaders card... then Abreu on top of the RBI Leaders. Guess Anderson and Moncada would get on base... then Abreu would drive them in. Add Eloy into the mix and the first four batters in the Sox lineup is straight up scary.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.