Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, July 13, 2020

Favorite Sox 3rd Basemen

So, let me explain how I do the random for this blog. I have a list of the players and how many cards. I combine them into posts. If I have a few cards each of Michigan alumn, I combine them. Same with Sox players. If I have a bunch of cards, that player will get their own post. I have them listed out, I copy and paste them into random.org and randomize it 3 times.

I explain this because the last 2 players that came up were Paul Konerko and Mark Buehrle, both of the 2005 White Sox Champions. Todays random is adding a 3rd in a row from that team. I do have 1 more, I wonder if he will come up next. You'll see why today's player got his own post.

 

These 3 cards came from my baseballcardstore.ca purchase so they were $.20/each.


From the 2 cards above all the way to the bottom all came from Card Barrel. The 2 above I paid $.16 for the base and $.40 for the red framed.


A couple of horizontal cards.


As you can see, I got quite a few from his early days with the Sox.





I showed the 2007 back because it's a red back version. I didn't even know that was a thing until this card popped up.


That's all for the White Sox portion. Joe spent his final season in Minnesota and I did grab a couple of those as well. I know he had all kinds of back problems so I wonder if that's why the Sox didn't sign him and he went to the Twins. I know he signed as a free agent and I don't remember there being any hard feelings but who knows, that was over 10 years ago and I'm old.


In all, I added 27 more cards of my favorite Sox 3rd baseman. I basically picked up every card that I didn't have from Card Barrel.

In the last 6 years I've picked up only 21 cards of Joe Crede. I'm currently at 37 for this year. This huge pick up helped me hit the century mark as well with 103 now.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up as a Phillies fan, I never realized how mortal other teams' third basemen are. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.