Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

the Original Pudge

Well that title should tell you who this post is of.


I was pretty sure I had some of those but apparently not. The 1991 Topps look-a-like is actually an O-Pee-Chee and the 1986 Fleer is a mini if you didn't notice.


The 1993 is an Archives, and the 1990 Topps is another O-Pee-Chee. I wasn't aware that O-Pee-Chee had cards with the Topps logo until this purchase from Sportlots. In case you missed it, all of the above came from Sportlots.


The rest of the cards I got of Pudge all came from Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders." I really like the above card, love the jersey and it's numbered to /350.



I'm not sure what this is.  They are fairly small and enclosed in a case. It's one case with both cards and I quickly tried to break the case but I'm not sure I can without damaging the cards. I thought maybe it would pull apart and the cards would slide out but nope, it's like they glued it shut after putting them in. Right now, it's sitting on my desk amongst my other Sox stuff.

All these cards move the Fisk collection to 177 cards.

3 comments:

  1. The card you're not sure about is from 1989 Topps Doubleheader All-Stars (https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/33332/1989-Topps-Doubleheader-All-Stars). You might be able to pop the front or back off to get at the "cards" inside, which are actually really thin paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See 1992 Fleer just makes me remember how odd of a set that was with its left photograph. I must be getting sentimental because 1990 just looks and feels the best card of the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fisk sure has some iconic cards. I love that 1991 OPC. It's right up there with his 1974,1977, and 1982 (In Action) Topps cards.

    I ended up taking all of my Doubleheaders out of the stands and putting them into 9-pocket pages and penny sleeves. They were taking up too much space. But if I only owned one of them, I would have just kept it in the holder and put it on my desk.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.