Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Tier 1 Collections

I'm sitting in my card room and am bored. I'm not really in the mood to go through cards or work on scanning stuff for TCDB or even watching TV. So I'm just kind of sitting here thinking of something to do. I figure it was as good as time as any to put out a post so I put my posts on random and you'll get 4 different player collection pick-ups today. All of Tier 1 players. I'm even going to do them in alphabetical order just because that's how I have them listed in my scan folders.


I went and picked this up on my shopping spree in the virtual dimebox that is Baseballcardstore.ca. It was a dime but if you include shipping, it added another dime but I'll still take an Aparicio for $.20. This card is number 101 of his collection.


I thought I had the Fleer update on the left but I apparently had the glossy version and not just the regular base card. This is where having my cards logged into TCDB comes in handy. The one on the right is an O-Pee-Chee version in case you hadn't noticed. I paid $.15 for the Fleer and $.16 for the O-Pee-Chee on Cardbarrel. These 2 make 41 for his collection which doesn't seem like a lot but according to TCDB, he only has 89 so I'm almost half way there. Although technically, I believe I have a couple of signed cards that I got from Padrographs and those aren't on TCDB.


Always happy to see more Mike Hart cards come in. I don't find his too often, including these, I've only picked up 4 this year. He would be the only football player I have in my Tier 1 collections. These 3 came from the latest (big) package from Dennis of Too Many Verlanders. These 3 give me 47 cards of his.


These 4 came from the Baseballcardstore.ca for $.20/each.


These 4 came from Cardbarrel. The SP was $.45, the Fleer $.36 and the 2 Pacific ones at the bottom were $.15/each.

My Billy Williams collection has really benefited from getting away from Ebay as I have now picked up 15 cards this year, the last time I added to his collection before this year was 2 cards in 2017. I now have 77 cards in his collection.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about starting a Dravecky PC too. Probably won't happen, but I'll grab certain cards here and there if they're cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.