Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Lotsa Sox

Just a quick post as I waited to long to start this. I was watching the White Sox finally win a game.

Speaking of the Sox, that's what this post is of. It's nice that the random waited until they at least won a game before popping them up.



I picked up all of the above on Sportlots. With all of those 1977 Topps, I'm only 1 card short of the team set so I'll be looking to add that soon.


These 2 came from a free giveaway at "A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts." I claimed both of these from his Free Stuff Fridays awhile back.


Fuji of "the Chronicles of Fuji" sent these along with the few other cards that I showed earlier in the month. 4 Magglio's give me 148 cards of his.


These cards and the 1 below all came from Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders." The 4 cards of Frank Thomas (and the 1 from Fuji) gives me 534 cards of his.


Dennis also sent me this autograph. It's my first of his but he only has twenty cards according to TCDB so I'm guessing he never got too far. It's still a Sox auto though and that's all that matters.

Thanks to everyone who sent the cards above. I do so love this community.

2 comments:

  1. He started 10 games with the White Sox in 1995 and 1996 combined. Went 2-3 with a 5.40 ERA. Was traded to Toronto where he had stats he would probably like to forget. Looks like they tried to make him a reliever. 1998 was his last MLB season. He resurfaced in Korea for one season - 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where Goose found the inspiration for his horseshoe mustache. That 76T leaders card of him and The Mad Hungarian is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.