Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Love him or hate him

If you remember, my last 3 posts (minus the random post) were all of players from the 05 World Champion team. I mentioned that I had one more player's post to do that was also part of the 05 team. I went and randomed for today's post, I have 10 different posts listed and you'll never guess what came up.



Like Joe Crede, AJ also spent some time with the Twinkies, although it was before the Sox for him. The 9 cards above all came from Sportlots. I separated the pics by manufacturers. I apparently need a lot of his Fleer cards as that is what the top 7 cards are of. I combined the Leaf and the Bowman in one. The Bowman is the international version.


You thought I was going to be done with the Twins cards didn't you? These 5 cards came from the baseballcardstore.ca.


I also picked up a couple of other teams that AJ played with from baseballcardstore.ca. The Giants were the team he played with right before the Sox and the Rangers was after.


I did get a few White Sox cards of him as you can see. These also came from the baseballcardstore.ca. I have the team collection of the card on the left so this Update was familiar. As was the 2009 Chrome because I have that card, only in a refractor. Bottom card is the mini so that card also is familiar as I have a couple of the colored versions and the base.

The title of this post comes from the fact that he was voted most hated player in MLB at least for one year and there a lot, I mean a lot of people that don't. I feel he's one of those guys that you love because he plays for you and hate him when he doesn't. That's how us Sox fans feel but from what I hear, the Twins and Giants fans don't feel that way. I think he was just probably misunderstood or he truly did change when he came to the Sox. Either way, I loved him. He always gave 110% and got mad at himself when he failed. How can you hate him for that?

These 19 cards bump the AJ Collection up to 114 cards so this got me over the century mark as well. I had a very productive month in June.

2 comments:

  1. The Postseason Highlights card stands out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 2013 Topps card of Pierzynski is pretty cool. I remember thinking the same thing back when it was first released.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.