Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Sox, Dodger, and an Indian?

Baseball is back, sort of. The White Sox already have a couple of positive cases. It's going to be such a weird season, if we make it all the way and by that, I mean baseball makes it to the end of the season, not the Sox winning it all. 

Do I think they should be out there? No. Is that going to stop me from watching? Hell No! Even though I watched a ton of replays from the 2005 season, I still miss baseball and like I said, I really wanted to see this team play.

Speaking of the 2005 team, today's post features one of those players.


I picked up all these of Paulie at the baseballcardstore.ca (virtual dime box). As I stated before, in a previous post, with shipping it equaled out to $.20/each. I hate spending any money on those UD Documentary cards. I like the idea of the set, although it's a huge set, just not the fact that they reuse the same pics all the time. You see the 5 up there that are all the same. I'm pretty sure I already had a few of them and yes, with the same pic.


Dennis (Too Many Verlanders) sent me these 2 Paulie's, wait a minute. That's not a Konerko card. I got this and just assumed he through it in because Thome played for the Sox and he didn't catch it. Then I flipped it over to get the card number and it all made sense.


That's much better. I always like to see Paulie in pre-White Sox days. Although I prefer him in the Red uni's just because they are more rare but I don't mind him in the Dodger blue either. Especially since I know how his career turned out.

All of these Konerko cards put me at 491 unique cards so I'm going to have to go find a few more to hit that 500 mark. Although if you count dupes that stay in my collection (dupes of auto's, relics and seriel numbered cards), I have 500. I still want to hit the unique count though.

3 comments:

  1. Konerko was good. Didn't need to see him in a Dodgers uniform though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing Konerko in a Dodger uniform. I just wish the Dodgers had never dealt him away. And fwiw, I agree that the players shouldn't be out there. I support any player that opts out of playing this season. But at the same time, I will still watch 2020 Dodgers games (assuming the season isn't shut down before Opening Day).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great X-Pectations insert set is really nice. I've thought about putting it together a few times, but just haven't gotten around it.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.