Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Just a few cards

Lots of cards in this post and just like the last post, it all came from Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders." It's also the first post this month of a team and not a player although I scanned the majority of it by players.


I'm going to start off with a few Michigan cards of the other sports before I get to the majority of the post. This card is awesome. I've been wanting to get a Michigan hockey card, and it's numbered to /999. I don't really get into hockey but all the maize and blue makes this a great card. I do get to some Michigan hockey games now that Notre Dame has joined the Big Ten Conference (in hockey) so they come here to South Bend every year now.


These were the only 2 cards I need out of the basketball cards he sent me. Always happy to add a card of the Fab Five since they are the reason that I am a Michigan fan to this day. It is my 6th card of Webber and my 2nd of his backup.

Now we get into the football. I scanned some by player if they were popular players but these are all Michigan collection cards, not player collection cards even though I'll probably list how many cards I have of the player.


These 2 cards of Arrington give me 15 of him.


3 cards of Avant also give me 15. Love those Topps Magic cards.


1 great looking card of Carter gives me 8. You know I'm going to like a vintage look alike.


3 cards of Edwards give me 10. Another magic, yes!


5 cards of super Mario give me 14 of him.


Make that 15 with this sweet relic card which is my first of his.


 And a whole bunch of Wheatley, 12 to be exact. These give me 16 of him.

Next up are some singles of popular players.


This is my first of our current coach of him in the Maize and Blue. I have a first pitch baseball card of him as well.


I'm showing this one because I have a six degrees of seperation with him. He married a classmate of mine in high school. His wife's brother was a QB at Michigan and was Jerame's roomate. Her brother was also the QB at my high school when my brother played with him. It is my 2nd card of Tuman, the other is an auto.

 This is my 9th card of the #1 draft pick.


This is my 3rd card of the ESPN analyst. Oh yeah, he won a Heisman too so there's that as well.


This is my 18th card of the 12 year veteran and he's still active.


This is my 3rd card of Old 98 even though I've never heard of the set but I'm not picky either.


You know with this many Michigan cards, there's going to be some TK Legacy cards. I really like the cards of the old programs, and they're numbered to /250.

Even though I showed 43 cards, Dennis added 102 cards to the Michigan collection. I told you he sent me a bunch of cards and there are still more to come in some player collections.

3 comments:

  1. "so there's that as well"

    When the Heisman Trophy is just an afterthought I worry about society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amused that Hunwick wore that Michigan gear while playing for the team in Columbus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2005 Topps All-American Retired and 2009 Topps Magic are two of my favorite college football products ever made.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.