Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Hey ABBOTT!!!

At first I was thinking nobody would get the title (Abbott and Costello) but then I remembered they did "Who's on First?" and it's a baseball card blog so most of you will probably get it.

It really seems like I'm trying to put blog posts together that fit together. First all the 2005 World Champions Sox players. Now for the 2nd post in a row is a former Wolverine that I collect, but neither do I collect because they are Wolverines but because of their MLB careers.

In the previous post, you saw that Dennis and I share that collection as we do this one. The only different from last post to this one is Dennis sent me all of these.


I scanned by teams and I just realized that that last card says Yankees at top and I thought I screwed up but then I realized he's still wearing his Angels jersey so that must be what I looked at.

Other than the Bowman these are all, I don't know if you can call them oddball, but none are very common. 2 O-Pee-Chee, a Classic and a Topps Debut.



Lots of Yankees cards, I thought I had a few of these. That Pinnacle and Ultra almost look exactly alike except they aren't. The photos are pretty close to being at the same spot in his pitching form. The face is even the same.


He also managed to get me one White Sox card of Jim. It's a decent looking card with the marble looking part on the right and the Sox logo in gold.


Last but definitely not least, Dennis sent my 2nd auto (he probably sent me the 1st but I'm not going to go look) of Jim. It's not real flashy, pretty or shiny and you don't even know what jersey he is wearing, but it is his autograph so I like it all the same. These 15 cards put the Abbott Collection at 124 cards.

Thanks again to Dennis. Be sure to check him out at "Too Many Verlanders." If you want to trade with an extremely generous man, he's your guy. You're missing out if you don't get involved with his trades.

1 comment:

  1. That 89 Classic card is cool. Bummed that Gwynn didn't have a card in that set.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.