Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

80's Flashback

My first non-player collection post of the month.


As you know, Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders" sent me a package with lots of goodies in it and that included the 80's cards above that were all new to me. The set that I'm closest to completing would be the Bill Almon, '86 Donruss set. That card puts me at 493 cards which is just under 75% completed.


Speaking of almost completed sets. I needed 9 more of the 1985 Fleer set and they were the higher cards that I couldn't pick up cheap so I splurged and spent more than my minimum. I only paid $.55 for the Rose so that wasn't way over budget but the Ryan ($2.20), Clemens ($5.40) and Puckett ($7.75) were. I probably could have found them cheaper somewhere else but I was already on Sportlots and just wanted to get them.


Last but not least, one lone '85 Topps that also came from Sportlots. Why only one? Because it was the last card I needed to complete the set, again. You may remember, on paper, I thought I had completed this set earlier this year, but during quarantine, I actually went through all my cards and logged them into TCDB and realized I was missing a bunch of cards. Well, not anymore. This final card I needed was only $.18.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the set completion.

    Voting for the Rose 4,000 Hits card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just weird to see him in an Expos jersey.

      Delete
  2. I have some 1986 Donruss dupes. I'll see if I can help you out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing the '85 Topps set--well done!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.