Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Hall of Fame Michigan Man

Oddly enough, today's random post is a Michigan grad but I don't really include him in my Tier 2 Michigan players, he's in the Tier 2 because I liked him before I knew he went to Michigan. The Tier 2 Michigan players started awhile back of players who went on to the pros after watching them at Michigan. I never watched him at Michigan because for one, the Big Ten Network wasn't around so I never watched any baseball because it wasn't on anywhere. It's not like now-a-days where you don't have to watch a game to follow a team. There are news reports, blogs, gamecasts, ect. that to keep track of any sport.

Anyways, let's get to the former Wolverine, current Hall of Famer.


A couple of good action shots up there. That top right is a Panini Sticker from 1994 and if you're wondering how I didn't have the 1991 Topps already, I do. That's the O-Pee-Chee version. I wasn't aware they had versions that still listed them as Topps on the front.


As you can see on the back there is a little bit of French and the color is a little lighter.


The top left in this photo is also a O-Pee-Chee but that one obviously didn't copy the Topps card from the same year. That's a lot of Larkin's for $.20/each at the baseballcardstore.ca. Everything shown above came from there.


Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders" also sent me these 7 of Barry in his package to me last month. It's one of our mutual player collections. I don't have to tell which is my favorite of all of these. I love anything with the Block M on it. Although I do like the Archives too because, you know, it looks vintage.

These 17 cards put my Larkin collection at 230 cards which makes it my 4th highest player collection.

2 comments:

  1. Love the way Fleer cropped Larkin's photo on that Ultra card. Great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my vote goes to the Leaf that starts off the group.

    Was ready to vote for the Score All-Star. But that seems to be Tom Herr from his brief Phillies stint, even though the years don't match.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.