Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

2019 Team Sets

So the Sox are in the news again. The horrible hiring of Tony LaRussa is kicking them in the ass as it should because as I said, it was horrible. I'm hoping the DUI is enough to void his contract and we can move on from this mistake.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I went through all the sets in 2020 and 2019 and looked to see what Sox I need. I'll eventually move down to 2018 and keep going but for today, you get some 2019.


These are from the Bowman Heritage Prospects set. These 2 (and a PC not show) only make up half the team set. Dane Dunning on the left and Zack Collins on the right. Dane Dunning looks like he might have a bright future ahead of him. I'm not sure what's going to happen with  Zack Collins at this moment with 2 catchers above him but I'm guessing that McCann will probably be gone and he'll be our number 2. This is my 19th card of Zack Collins.


These are from the Bowman Draft & Chrome Prospects (have I mentioned that I hate Bowman). We have another Dane Dunning (19th card of him). I don't know much about Thompson (5 cards) or Pilkington (2 cards) but I know Micker Adolfo (2 cards) is supposed to be another one of our young studs. Something else that I know is the top 2 cards complete the Bowman Draft Sox team set and the bottom 2 complete the Chrome Prospects Sox team set.


I might have a few more of this guy than those guys above. This lone A&G of the MVP (hopefully) completes that team set as well. I actually bought this the same time I added a few others but the seller was a little slower shipping it to Sportlots so it came in the next months package. This is my 132nd card of Pito.


These 3 cards come from the Update set and they finish off that team set. You'll see the Anderson at the bottom again when I do his PC page. If I remember correctly, I didn't realize it was Timmy when I scanned it so you get to see it twice. As for Yonder (13 cards) and Leury (7 cards), Garcia got the better end of the deal as we picked up his option as he is a do all and play anywhere kind of guy and Yonder didn't do so well and got designated for assignment.

These 3 cards came from Baseballcardstore.ca and the rest of the cards in this post all came from Sportlots.


These 4 also complete the Opening Day team set so I did pretty well with this posts cards. Out of the 4 cards above, only Rodon (44 cards) is even still with the team and he missed most of 2019 and part of this year with Tommy John surgery. I liked Avi (32 cards) when he was with us but he battled a lot of injuries. Palka (14 cards) and Davidson (26 cards) had their moments when they displayed their power, but ultimately, neither could sustain it for long periods of time.

I don't know if I have more 2019 cards coming from Sportlots or not, guess we'll see next month.

1 comment:

  1. The whole LaRussa thing is sad and the fact that he didn't learn his lesson the first time around is even sadder.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.