Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving w/a card


First off, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It's a weird holiday this year with the pandemic going on. A week ago we were planning on getting together at my mom's like we usually do but since then, my brother, aunt and uncle and my grandmother have all had positive tests for Covid. So we are all in our own homes today. My wife is still preparing a Thanksgiving feast for us so I'll still get the food but I won't get the time with the family and that's what I really love about the holidays. Just the hanging out and talking. I hope this gets better in the next month or so just so we can still have Christmas together.

If you think we are over reacting, I live in Elkhart county. Google it, we are very high in cases. We are the RV manufacturing capital and most of us have been back to work for awhile. I went and got tested yesterday after work. I'm not expecting a positive but I figured it doesn't hurt to get tested since a ton of people have had it so I've definitely been exposed. It'll be my 3rd Covid test but the other 2 were before a surgery, not because of exposure or symptoms.

I didn't get a post out yesterday for 2 reasons. We were out delivering Thanksgiving food for some of my family because they are shut in and reason number 2 is my Chromebook died on me (I didn't have it plugged in) so I plugged it back in and turned it on and somehow, it lost all my information. I kept trying to log in and it would tell me my password was wrong. I got on my phone and changed my password 3 times and every time when I'd go back to my chromebook, it would say it was wrong. I finally got it to go and when I logged in, all my setting were gone and all my photos were gone. It was like I created a new account. It kept all my bookmarks and my background stuff but it forgot all my passwords and the worst part, the photos being gone meant all my scans were gone for upcoming posts. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I was able to recover some of them because Google photos made copies. I have Google photos settings to make a copy of all the photos on my laptop and my phone, but it sucks. It picks and chooses what days it decides to make back up. Most days it doesn't. So, I was able to recover some of the scans and then I spent most of the morning going through my logs, and downloading photos from TCDB for most of what I lost. The bad part is instead of a few photos with a few cards in each shot, a lot of my posts are going to have 1 card in each of a bunch of photos. I'm really glad I got that Konerko post in before this happened because I posted a ton of cards.

I went to Sportlots today and purchased this weeks cards even though it's not the weekend yet. I usually ship at the end of the month so I figured I'd order them today and maybe a few of them will show up in my Sportlots Box before I ship in a week or so. I finished off the Sox cards for 2018 so next week I'll start on 2017. I also completed 2 years on Konerko cards so I'm through 2005 now. His will slow down the further I get but he played for another 10 years so I still have aways to go. It was my biggest Sportlots purchase to date, I figured I worked 60 hours last week, that I could afford to spend a little more. Still $.50 or less cards, just more cards. I want to say I purchased 70 something cards just today.

After all the downloading pictures this morning, the great random in the internet selected a player collection with only 1 card and technically, it's not even a card. 


I picked up this Topps Sticker on Sportlots. I was picking up White Sox needs but since he's a player collection, he gets his own post. I don't know if I had more and they were some of the lost scans or not but I don't think so. I just haven't concentrated on my Tier 2 PC's yet. I will once I'm done with Tier 1 players. This stickers gives me 105 cards of Moncada.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think you're overreacting in the least. I didn't go to my family's Thanksgiving because cases are spiking so much. I'm worried that someone will get it, especially my father. Safety first! Hope your family members who tested positive all get through it OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a longer comment on your other blog, so I'll just drop a generic Happy Thanksgiving over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... sorry to hear about the Chromebook situation. I remember my friend telling me a similar story. I totally would be pissed too. Anyways... hopefully delicious food helped take your mind off of that issue.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.