Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

2x3 Autographs

Look at that, 3 days in a row I'm posting. See what happens when you have a weekend off. Too bad it won't last, I'm already planning on working next Saturday so don't get to used to this.

I finally got out to the mailbox this morning, I forgot yesterday. I had another PWE from Jay over at Cardboard Hemorrhage. I ended up getting those logged in, scanned and added them to the random page so those can pop up at any time as well. He had contacted me about sending me some random Sox cards and I gave him my usual spiel about not having much to trade with but he sent them anyways, as does most of this blogging community. He has a pretty big want list so hopefully I have at least a few things he can use to send back. I promise to at least look for you Jay.

On to today's random. Just one card and one other piece. Both of these came from Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes again. This was listed on the random sheet as White Sox - Auto so you guessed it, some autographed stuff. I told you he sent me some great stuff.


He sent me this autograph of our former closer. I don't know if he grabbed it or it was sent to him but the way I look at it, most of us get cards from fellow bloggers and we all trust each other for the most part so I assume it's his autograph. Besides, it's not like I plan on selling it so it doesn't really matter to me.

Jeff also generously sent this Ron Kittle autographed 8x10. It's in a toploader here so ignore the reflection of my poster on the wall at the top of this photo. This was a really cool send, especially someone in White Sox stardom and not just some random guy who played a few games. I've already framed it and put it up in my card room. The oddball stuff that Jeff sent was good timing because I had just moved my card room and I needed stuff to put on the shelves and walls so a lot of that went up there. If I ever finish putting everything up, maybe I'll post about the room and all the collectibles.

As usual, Jeff sent some great stuff. He actually sent another autograph card but that will get shown in another post.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing Kittle always reminds me that I was hunting rookie cards as early as 1983. I treasured the Fleer rookie card I pulled back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm glad the cards arrived safely, Jeff, and thanks for all the solid posts over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.