Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

PWE Sox

I love the title of the blog"It's Like Having My Own Card Shop" because when I was a kid, that's what I though about all my cards. I was collecting to have every card out there and that's what I thought card shops should do. Have any and every card available. As I've grown up, that view has obviously changed. I would still love to have every card out there but that's just not feasible. It's hard enough getting the ones that I need for my collections.

Daniel from the aforementioned blog, had posted a 1973 Topps want list and I sent him a few. I think it ended up being about 5 or 6 and I threw in some mascot cards of Southpaw that I had. I told him he didn't need to send anything back but that's not the kind of bloggers we are, are we?

I received a PWE from Daniel with some Sox cards needs.

I needed 6 of them as you can see above. A purple Alex Fernandez (44 cards) from classic as well as a couple of Bowman (Zack Erwin-2 cards & Tyler Danish-12 cards). I like receiving Bowman I don't have because I hate trying to find them with a couple sets that all share the same subsets. I hate Bowman. The Ron Karkovice (44 cards) is the Cyberstats parallel. I was surprised I didn't have the Dan Pasqua (33 cards), I have a bunch of the 1992 Pinnacle's but apparently not that one. Last but not least, Daniel sent this gold Update of Jose Abreu (131 cards), I like the action shot on that card.

Thanks for the cards Daniel.

1 comment:

  1. Pasqua - one of the rare players to wear 44 and NOT totally suck.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.