Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 6, 2020

Early 80's Sox

Well I mentioned in my last post on Wednesday that we were still waiting on election results. I guess that hasn't changed yet.

Today's post will appease those who like early 80's cards and also a few of you who are White Sox fans.


We'll start off with the oldest. I only picked up 2 from the 1981 Fleer set, but that's only because they were the only 2 I needed for the team set. Both players were staples in the 80's. Both of these came from the virtual dime box, baseballcardstore.ca.


Staying in 1981, I also picked up 4 more of the Topps variety, only these came from Card Barrel. Sadly, I still need a couple more for that team set. I'll have to grab them on Sportlots but I've been picking up player collection there lately so I'll eventually get it.


I'm doing well on the Fleer sets as this was the only one I needed for the 1982 Fleer set. Nothing fancy, just a checklist, technically, the back of the checklist but it's still a Sox card. This one also came from the baseballcardstore.ca.


As we did in 1981, we'll follow up the 1982 Fleer with the Topps set. I only picked up these 2 but just like the 1981 set, they leave me with only needing 2. You also get to see another Chet Lemon.

Last but not least, 1 lone card from 1983. This was the only 1983 card I could find on baseballcardstore.ca that I needed, which is bad because I only have less than half the team set.

Nothing that exciting but I definitely needed them all. I kind of flip flop back and forth between buying team collection and player collection. Every week it can change depending on my mood. I'll probably go to Sportlots tomorrow and buy this weeks cards, I don't know what I'll by though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.