Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

PK in Blue and Red

My random came up with a big post for today. I told you I was working through my player collections. I started with my Tier 1 collections. This is the guy I'm currently on and I have picked up a ton of cards but I'm only getting through a year or 2 at a time because I pick up so many that I reach my weekly budget. I'm ok with that because he is my favorite player.

I would say Dodgers fans would appreciate this post as most of it is, but then again, it may be a reminder of what could have been.


First we'll start with some minor league cards. It's so weird to see him in Catcher gear.


Here we start the Dodgers portion. I grabbed these couple of horizonal cards.




Like I said, a lot of Dodgers. I started with his first year and have been getting later. Which is why you see so many Dodgers as that was the first team he was with.


Next up, I managed to get a couple showing his short stint with the Reds. These 2 only give me 12 of Konerko with the Reds. I was thinking that he didn't have many but according to TCDB, he has 212 cards with the Reds. Also, 180 of those are different Topps Tek patterns so really, he doesn't have many with the Reds.

All of the above came from my Sportlots purchases. I want to say I just finished picking up 2003 cards so next week, when I order a shipment, it'll have a bunch more White Sox cards but don't worry, I have some of those to show as well.


I did get some cards from other places than Sportlots. I won a contest (randomly, I didn't do anything but comment) over at Collecting Cutch, I won a card (It'll get shown later), and he added some Sox and non-Sox PC's to the package as well. He sent a few of these Sega Gen cards, I don't think I had any of these, not even sure where they come from, but I have some now. Starting with this Konerko.


Of course, you know 2x3 Heroes is gonna share some Paulie's. Hey, you get to see another Dodger. I like the shinyness of the bottom left card (Blue Refractor numbered to /150). Jeff also sent 2 of those medallions, this one is obviously Konerko and the other is another player PC so you'll see that one later. 

All of the above cards got me all the way up to 530 cards.

That's one thing I like about Jeff's packages, he lives closer to Chicago than I do so he gets some of these oddball, more local stuff and he's always willing to share. The best part of that huge package he sent me though, was this.

I would assume it was a stadium giveaway but I honestly don't know. What I do know is that it was perfect timing as I just got my own card room and am now looking for small pieces for the shelving and walls and this fits perfectly on the shelf. It came in the box and the side of it has the World Series trophy so I'm using it as part of the decor right now as well.

I love all the Konerko cards, as I stated before, he is my favorite player, but I really love that replica statue. I also love the fact that a fellow Sox fan/blogger gave it up out of the kindness of his own heart. You might even say I love Jeff. I just won't tell you if I'm talking about him or myself.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.