Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Iron Man Wednesday

Guess I'll to ahead and post since we're still awaiting election results. That's not really why I'm posting but I do find it odd that we don't have results yet. In this day and age, you can't tell me computers can't make this quicker. What do I know though?

The great random in the sky pulled up one of my Tier 3 player collections for today. Even though it's Tier 3, it's a whole bunch of cards and he's my highest card PC.


Some new, some not as new. I know you're thinking, wow, he got a 1982 Topps Traded of Ripken, but he's so cheap and I know he didn't get that for under 50 cents. Well, you're right. I got it for free. All of the cards came from Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes. Oh, also, that's not a 1982 Topps Traded, but it is a set I've never heard or seen before. TCDB has it listed as a 1994 R&N China Topps Porcelain Tomorrow's Hall of Famers. I know, it's a mouthful but it's actually a porcelain card. It's got some weight to it and it's pretty cool. The back is printed on it as well.


As you can see, he sent me a lot of Ripkens. I already have a bunch but he managed to find a bunch more. 


Even sent me a few horizontals. I always liked those Donruss Champions but you think they could of done something with the other half of the card. I mean, at least the Power Zone has an explosion over to the side.

These 21 cards boosts my Ripken collection to 556 cards. He's almost 20 cards higher than my #2 and he's not even a player collection. I would say I'm killing it with this collection but it's less than 3% of his cards. Glad I'm not a Ripken supercollector.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why I can't vote for the adjective.

    I think it's mostly the mail-in ballots that are causing the delays in results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either I've never seen that Stadium Club card... or I never took the time to notice the batting tee. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dime box'ed that porcelain card. It was "What the hell is this" followed by "it's a dime - I gotta buy it".

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.