Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Lotta Luis

I've been hitting Sportlots for Player Collections and by hitting it, I've been picking up a lot. I started with my Tier 1 collections. First off, I generally spend a little over $5/week. I start with the oldest of the player and click on every card under $.50, including shipping, that I don't have. I go until I reach $5 and than finish off the year that I'm on, just so I know where to start next week. I started this a couple of months ago, and I'm still not through my Tier 1 cards but I am getting a ton of cards for my PC's.


We'll start off with the Non-White Sox portion. You probably recognize the Upper Deck 70's card but the one on the right was new to me. TCDB has it listed as a 1991 Crown/Coca-Cola Baltimore Orioles. It appears to be an All-Time Orioles team set and it must be All-Time because it's a 501 card team set.


Don't worry, I got plenty of him with the Sox as well. Other than that 1993 Action Packed on the bottom right, everything is early 2000's. You gotta like that photo on the action packed but I've seen it in a number of places so it's losing its luster. 

I also picked up a couple of horizontal Archives before Archives is what it is these days. I know I have the original of the 1960 on the bottom but I don't think I have the top one.

These 11 cards give me 112 of Lil' Luis. I did make it all the way through his cards but I don't know if I've received them all yet so you may see more at a later post. I do enjoy doing the Sportlots the way I've been doing it with the PC's. One I get through my PC's, I'll have to go back through it and move my budget up some and do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Great site. When the lockdown first hit back in March... I hit Sportlots hard. Started with set needs. Then by summer, I was hitting my Gwynn collection. Only made a couple of small orders since school started up, but maybe I'll check them out over Thanksgiving Break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bunch of Louies! Lots of great designs I like. I'll probably hit the site one more time this year myself and I hope I have as much luck as you did.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.