Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, November 7, 2020

3rd one down

I decided to go ahead and put out a post during the 2nd half of the Michigan game because I shut it off. I couldn't watch it anymore. I may take my White Sox rule that I use when watching their games. Record them all and only watch when they win (who has time to watch 162 games). I can handle watching them lose, I can't handle watching them in the state they are in. As I said on Twitter, they look like a freshman team who have never played together before. It's embarassing and I love Michigan too much that it hurts to watch them like that. We'll see, by the time the next game rolls around (Wisconsin if it doesn't get cancelled) I may watch it. I'm all emotion right now about it.

I got a couple of envelopes this week so since I didn't have to work today, I already got them scanned and added them to the list to random. I got my monthly package from Sportlots as well as another envelope from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. According to my USPS Informed Delivery, my wife says I have another envelope in the mail today so maybe I'll get around to adding that tomorrow.

Back to a vintage/non-vintage post. This post will be 1987 but I've gotten a few comments from readers that say they don't consider 80's vintage. I do agree with that as I would consider 1980 and older to be vintage but I run my vintage collection up to 1987 because as a kid, I collected heavily until 1987. I slowed down for a couple of years after that and then stopped for awhile. So while I say 1987 is a part of my Vintage collection, I don't necessarily think it's a vintage year. That being said, let's get to it.


We'll start off with the Donruss, Jeff sent me 21 cards for that set. Love seeing the Doc Gooden as I was a big fan of his, pre drug days. These cards give me 304 cards for that set which is still under half but not by much.


Jeff also sent 12 more for the Fleer set which is behind the other 2 sets with only 257 cards which is under 40% completed. I had a ton of these, I think even a whole set of these when I was a kid.


To start off the Topps, I picked up all these at baseballcardstore.ca for a dime ($.14 if you add the shipping.) Some decent names up there, you can tell I'm getting closer to finishing the set.


I had to go to Sportlots for a few of the higher dollar cards. Higher dollar sounds odd when you're talking about 1987 Topps but there you go. I remember having multiple copies of all 3 of these cards as a kid.

Last but not least, Jeff also sent me this card of Ozzie Smith for the Topps set. What is the significance of this lone card?

That's right, another set down. This is the 3rd one completed this year following the 1985 Fleer & Topps set. As you can tell, I've made a little more concentrated effort to complete some. I started off with the sets that I was closest to finishing. It helps with Card Barrel and now Baseballcardstore.ca so I don't have to spend a fortune doing so.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the 87T set. It's a beaut. Three of my favorite cards from that set are featured in this post (Ozzie, Barry, and Bo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ozzie Smith card was one of the first ones I ever owned. It's long gone but I would have helped you out had I known!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.