Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Elite Michigan

I got my Sportlots package yesterday. I was going to open it and sort it tomorrow but instead, I get to go to work. Another unnecessary Saturday wasted at work. Since I won't have all day to work on cards tomorrow, I decided to go ahead and open up my box and at least get them sorted. The wife was bored and asked if I wanted her to help open envelopes. Hell yes! I had 64 packages, 292 cards, in that box and I definitely welcomed the help. My favorite question was "Why did you get 2 of the same card?" My response was "Are they the same card?" to which she responded after really looking at it "Oh, I guess not." Welcome to the wonderful world of parallels. 

I still have to get through the cards Dennis sent me and I have a few more posts left so I got time to get the Sportlots package together plus I need to scan the cards from Fred (guy at work).

This is my 25th card of Darboh, I really need to search out more Elite cards. Dennis always shows off some great cards from Elite and they use college uni's which is right up my alley. I like this card because it has the block M on it, I always like seeing that on a card.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how "fun" it would be to try to explain the point of buying parallels, especially the extremely subtle ones, to a non-card person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a brief explanation and she responded with a sarcastic "and you have to have every one." Made me feel stupid.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.