Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Old School Barry

I planned on spending all weekend in the card room except Saturday evening because I was going to my mom's for her birthday party. I ended up having to work Saturday so between work and the party, I spent a couple hours working on getting my cards logged. 

We came back from the party and one of our dogs had a pretty bad cut above his lip. I ended up crashing early since I was up early for work. Then today, we spent 4 hours at the emergency vet to get him stitched up so by the time I got home, I had enough time to get everything else logged but I still have to scan everything. I don't usually work in there much during the week but I might have to try to get some time in there after work a couple of days this week. I do still have a couple more posts from the package Dennis sent me so I'm good for a few days.

Barry is one of those Michigan guys that I collected before I collected Michigan guys so you know I love when I get a Larkin in a Maize and Blue jersey. If I remember correctly, Dennis showed off this card on his blog and I said I had to get me one, he told me not to bother because he had one for me. That's how great of a guy he is, always thinking about others when he's buying stuff for himself. My Michigan collection is definitely thankful of him. I just went and checked, he's credited with 276 of my 681 cards of players in the Maize and Blue which is good for 40%. It might be higher as some of my cards are listed with unknown because they were before I kept a log. My collection definitely wouldn't be much with his generosity.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. You've sent me some pretty sweet Wolverines too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see this card... I keep thinking it's memorabilia card with maize and blue jersey swatches.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.