Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 15, 2021

Topping the budget off

Look who finally got his cards scanned. I spent my one day off yesterday trying to get caught up so I can get back to posting again.

Today's post are random pick-ups for the Vintage collection. Once I get close to my budget, I go and look and how many cards I'm getting from each seller. I always go up to 4 cards on each to make it worth their while. Except one seller, I always buy just 1 card. He has free shipping for the first card, then for 2-4 cards he charges $1. Most people bump it up a quarter or so, not from $0 to $1. I specifically look for cheap shipping because I include that in my budget so while I realize a buck isn't much, it's too rich for my blood.

Anyways, when I check the sellers page to find a card or 2, it always shows the oldest cards first so I'll glance at it and see if any are $.18. That's pretty much what these cards are.

This one is easy to see at $.18. At first I thought it wasn't part of the set because of the number 2 at the bottom right so I though it wasn't part of the 660 but after looking at the checklist on TCDB, the players stop at 653 followed by the card of the puzzle and 6 checklists. This checklist gives me 62 cards from the 1985 Donruss set.

After checking all the sellers and having enough cards, this guy had a bunch of 1981 Donruss at $.18 so I grabbed the first 11 that I needed and put myself right at the budget. These 11 give me 101 cards for that set.

I was really surprised to see a seller have this at $.18 so I definitely scooped it up. Can't beat a 70's card, let alone a 1970 card for that cheap. He had it marked that it wasn't in good condition (I don't remember where he had it rated) but as you can see, it really isn't bad at all. This card is my 70th from 1970 set from the decade of the 70's. Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. Lot's of bats on the shoulder in the 81D set. Never noticed that until this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does someone make one card shipping free, but charge if you buy more than one? Makes no sense. Not only is it cheaper per card to ship multiple cards, but you're giving an incentive to only buy one. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.