Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Some old with some new

I spent my one day off watching the Michigan Men's team beat Ohio which was pretty great. It was a little scary for a bit but they pulled it out. After that game, I watched the woman also beat Ohio so it was a good day on the Michigan front. 

While watching the game, I organized my non collection cards in alphabetical order. I have them all listed on TCDB so I'll check there to see if I have something but than spend a bunch of time trying to find the card, so I alphabetized them. Nothing terribly exciting I know, but it was still a day hanging with my cards so that makes it a good day.

I mentioned that Fred (guy at work) has been bringing me cards and that he brought me some yesterday. Well today, the great random of the internet decided you'd get to see those today. It's like when you mention buying a car and next thing you know, your computer ads are all automobiles.

I mentioned in my last post that he'd been buying packs so I'm happy he bought some Update because I hadn't purchased any yet so these are my first 4 from that set which is over half the Sox if you don't include the multiple variations of Luis Robert in it.

As part of his older cards that he's going through, he gave me this Robin Ventura that I didn't have. This is my 129 card of Rockin' Robin.

He also had this auto of Grebeck, I'm assuming it is actually his because it came with this.
I've accepted other on card autos just assuming they were legit so it's pretty cool that he kept this ticket with it. The card is my 27th of Grebeck.


These are the 2 cards he brought me yesterday that I didn't have. He offered me a 1976 Bill Melton as well but I already have it. I'm pretty sure I have a few of them. The 1992 Guillen I have but I didn't have the gold parallel. It is my 94th card of Ozzie. The Tommy John is from 2002 Archives and is only my 14th card of the first player to have Tommy John surgery. It is my first post-career card of his. Most of the other 14 are from the Vintage collection as he was only with the Sox for 7 years but all very early in his career. This archives and a 1965 Topps are the only 2 I have of him with the Sox.

That's all of the Sox cards I got from Fred but you'll see some other cards in my player collections and he's still going through his cards so I may get some more.

1 comment:

  1. The Grebeck auto wins this round.

    It's a Bummer that you didn't get any Luis Roberts.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.