Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Terrific Tuesday

In case you haven't heard, there's a lot of snow out there. I woke up this morning, got ready to go to work and went out to the garage. I opened the garage door and the snow was about 7 or 8 inches high across the driveway. I started the car and was sitting in it to let it warm up. I'm thinking to myself, I've had perfect attendance for the last 2 years, I have 2 personal days that I usually don't use until the end of the year and that's just because I lose them. I said screw it, I'm not driving in this crap so I took the day off.

So I spent today (after doing the driveway and sidewalk) reorganizing my Paul Konerko binder. I added so many in the last couple of months that I was just adding them to the back so I went through and put them all by years again. It was a much more enjoyable day than being at work.

Speaking of my Tier 1 PC, today's is another that I've added a bunch this past month.

I picked up these 4 Donruss cards from 2005 of Tom Terrific. Nice variety of Mets and Reds cards

A couple of vintage look-a-likes at the top and I love the bottom shiny card with the Sox. Those are my favorite jerseys, I can't tell you why, but they are. All these Topps are from 2005 as well.

A couple of Upper Deck's also from 2005. 

One card from 2006 and another Turkey Red with the Reds.

Also picked up a couple of 2008's. More vintage look-a-likes. There seem to be a lot of those floating around these days.

I can't tell you how many I picked up of Seaver just yet, you have to wait until the last post of him. I see another binder that I'm going to have to organize.

3 comments:

  1. That 06 Turkey Red is cool. Seaver got down low on his delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a good time for a day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, the infamous All-Star Rookie Shortstop card!

    I have that one, but there are several I need here, including I think both Turkey Reds. I just pulled the Turkey Red from last year's Update set, which is actually a REALLY nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.