Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, March 18, 2021

From Chicago to Konerko

I made it to Chicago and back and I have a few minutes to get this post in before midnight and I head to bed since I've been up since 4 this morning. We did drive by the Sox stadium as it's right off the expressway. It was all lit up, not sure why but it looked good.

My last post for Konerko so you'll finally get to see my final count after this last purchase on Sportlots.

1994. We'll start with a minor league card, I actually have quite a few pre-majors cards of Konerko. It helps that he was a early to mid 90's minor leaguer because they put out a lot of sets back then. I don't know that they do that much with the exception of team sets.

2002. One more card from 2002 that probably just didn't make my last shipment and came in after. That's the stance I remember when I think of PK, he holds that bat out until the pitcher starts his windup, then pulls it back.

2005. That leaf limited looks horrible scanned but I promise it's not that bad in hand. The Bowman Heritage is a mini version.

2006. One card from the year after our championship season. Some of the Bowman's look really good on Sox cards because as I have stated before, black borders on Sox cards look good.

2006. This is the Fleer portion as I have quite a few from this year to show. The bottom card is great because it shows 2 PC guys.

2006. The Topps portion starts out with a couple of A&G's and an action shot Chrome. I really like the look of the Finest, even with the red. A couple of Bazooka's to finish it off.

2006. Lastly, the Upper Deck portion. I like when they do team checklist cards. I don't ever use them for that reason but I'm always up for another good team card. I'd prefer a full team shot but you get what you get. I did like the looks of the Artifacts and the Sweet Spot. The SP is numbered which is always great to see when you spend less than $.50 a card.

As promised, the grand total of PK cards now is all the way up to 697. Hopefully there are a couple more coming, if not, I might have to grab a couple more just to hit 700. I do have a pretty good lead on TCDB.


I have 3 that aren't on TCDB which is why I said 697.

3 comments:

  1. How long does it take you to drive to Chicago and back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's around a 2 hr trip. Really depends on where in Chicago I'm going. I can make the Sox stadium in an hour and a half but to go downtown, it'll take closer to 2 hours.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being the number one PK collector on TCDB. And it's not even close.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.