Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

PK Mini's & More

Well, I watched Michigan lose in the Big Ten tourney but I followed that up by watching the Sox win and that haven't done that much this spring so my teams swapped for the day. Bad timing on Michigan's part to do that, I guess. It's just a little more rest and practice before the big dance, that's what I'm going with anyways. Even if it is only a day.

Today's post are more of a player you've seen here a lot in the last couple of months. Don't worry, I still have one more in the future.

2010. I picked up the National Chicle as well as the parallel with the National Chicle back which is why you're seeing the front and back. I also managed a black mini from A&G.

2011. Ignore the stripes down the side of the Bowman Chrome, that's my scanner. A Finest card as well as another A&G, although this time, I already had the black and didn't have the base mini.

2012. Another A&G, except it's an insert (although, technically it has a mini on it) and another mini, but from Gypsy Queen this time.

2013. I like this set from the Hometown Heroes because I always liked the states portion in school but for a "Hometown Heroes" set, I think it should list their hometown state, now where their home field is. Most of us know where Chicago is. I would have rather seen Rhode Island there for PK. You also get another mini this year but off the flagship, even though it is it's own set and the one on the right is not a mini, it's a sticker.

2014. Only one card this year but it's another mini Gypsy Queen.

2015. This is the SP version of PK's card and you guessed it, another mini. I thought I had this SP but apparently they used the same photo for the chrome so that's what I was thinking of.

2017. You almost made it the whole post with a mini in every year but along with the Fire and Fire Orange, you get the 1959 reprint from Archives so even though it's smaller, it's not considered mini. 

I didn't realize how many mini's I had until this post. As stated above, I have another PK post left before I'll give you my grand total in the PC, or you could cheat and look on TCDB but where is the fun in that.

I started this post last night but my daughter stopped by for a visit and I went to bed not long after she left so it got finished this morning.

2 comments:

  1. That Topps with the P and K in the background is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2015 Topps card might just be my favorite PK card of all-time.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.