Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Last of the Sox cards, this round

I went to the LCS yesterday, I had never been there before but I read an article on one of the card sites that they were broken into. That's how I found out we had one. It was ok, a little overpriced if you ask me but I tend to be cheap too so there is that. I picked up some cards, you'll see those later.

Today, my cousin and I went to a card show. We weren't sure what to expect but it was a decent show. I was surprised how many people were there. We got there about 15 minutes after it opened and it was already packed. My only complaint though, was the lightning. My old ass can't read colored names on colored backgrounds without sufficient light. I can normally flip through a stack of cards pretty quickly because I read fast but today, it took me forever to go through cards because I had to stop at each card and really concentrate on reading the name.

Those cards are for another day too as the random has 3 more posts before I get to those. Today being one of them.

The last post of the 2017 White Sox team collection pick ups was awhile ago but today, you get to see the Bowman pick-ups.

These 3 complete the Bowman Chrome team set minus a variation of a Moncada card. Only Abreu is still with the team. The Quintana is my 21st card of him but the Abreu is number 140 of him.


These Bowman Platinum are pretty slick looking. The same goes for this set as the Chrome above, it's complete minus a variation of Moncada. The Lopez is my 30th and the 2 Fulmer's in this post put him at 31.

I haven't been very good at picking up White Sox stuff with my next Sportlots package. I've been concentrating too much on player collections. I need to rectify that.

1 comment:

  1. Lighting at card shows is almost always bad/low, makes it easier for buyers to be duped.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.