Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, March 26, 2022

So close to 200

Sluggo and I went to a trade night last night before the card show today in Shipshewana. This is getting to be a pretty huge show, I believe it was advertised as 180+ tables and it definitely has the foot traffic. We've been on a waiting list to get tables for awhile now and are still waiting. Anyways, I spent $42 last night on a half price box and I only picked up 8 cards. Then today, I spent $40 on a dollar box but I got 51 cards for that price. I also picked up a couple of autos for another $10. Plus, I got a player lot as a throw in that I ended up needing 3 cards so it was a pretty good day. I also bought a MacFarland figure of a hall of famer for $10. 

We also hit the LCS on the way home. I didn't spend any money but I came home with another 10 or so cards. I spent too much at the card show so I just shuffled through a couple of dime boxes while my cousin was shopping. He spent enough money that the guy just through the dime cards in for free.

I started logging them today, but didn't get them done. I'll finish them tomorrow and scan them so I can start posting. Don't worry thought, I still have a few other things to show until then.

I have 9 posts left before I enter the ones I just purchased and out of those 9, only 1 of them I didn't pick cards up for this past weekend so I'll post that today so I don't have to post any players twice so close together.

Those top 3 all go to the vintage collection as well. The middle 3 are all the canadian versions. The 1987 Fleer is the glossy version.

I also picked up some 80's oddballs. The Donruss is one of those oversized cards, I believe it's 3x5 or close to it. The right side is a Fleer sticker and a Fun Food pin.

These are the 90's cards I picked up of the Lefty.

2000's & 2001's. I always loved those club 3,000 cards.

2002's & 2003's. It's always odd to see Carlton in a Cardinals jersey, that was definitely before my kid collecting days.

All 2004's. I like the look of that Leather & Lumber card on the bottom right.

2005-2009. I really like the bottom right again, I wish they would have found something to put on the right side of base cards. Maybe even a facsimile signature or something. I like the relic cards more because they use that open space for the relic.

2010-2014. I wish those top 2 corner cards were the vintage versions. Certainly not a fan of the Goodwin Champions sets where they show them in everyday clothes. They're just weird.

I like the black border on the top left and the bottom center with the red background with the powder blue uniforms. You see another 1967 copy in there as well.

2019-2021. Oh look, another 1967 copy.

These 55 cards give me 197 cards of the lefty. I guess I should have picked up 3 more of him this weekend to get me to 200. I should of made it 3 White Sox cards since I didn't get any up there.

1 comment:

  1. 55 new Leftys? That's pretty awesome. I collect Carlton, but I doubt my Lefty PC breaks the century mark.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.