Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Parallels

My cousin text this evening and said we got some tables at the Fort Wayne show. I'm looking forward to that one because it has high foot traffic and I think we'll do really well. The last few shows we've done we didn't make much money but they are smaller shows. We have a show this weekend which is probably our favorite show. It's very small but we do well with the dollar boxes because there are a ton of kids. It's a very family oriented show and we always have a good time. We have a good time at all the shows, it's nice to interact with other card collector's and all the sports talk is great. With what I've spent at the last couple of shows, I'm in a hole and have to work a couple of shows to get caught up. It's too easy to spend money when it doesn't actually come out of your pocket.

As you know, I organize my posts by who I have to post about and who I haven't posted about the longest so it wasn't a surprise when this card popped up already.


I knew Jarrod Wilson would be quick because I only have 1 card of his and he only has 1 card with 13 parallels. As I said, it's only my 2nd card, out of 14 though, I'm almost at 15% already. I picked it up in a dollar box but I bought enough that they discounted my stack and it came out to $.78.

1 comment:

  1. I started setting up at shows last year when my buddy started promoting them. The social component of card shows is by far my favorite. But cleaning out dupes and putting a little extra cash in the pocket (especially with gas prices soaring) is nice too. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.